Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure used to correct minor imperfections on the surface of the skin and provide a smoother, younger appearance overall. This type of skin exfoliation is used to remove outer dead skin cells to expose rejuvenated, newer and softer skin. Treatments are relatively quick, usually taking under an hour to complete, and recovery time is virtually nonexistent. Your skin will be treated with moisturizer, serum, or sunblock according to your skin type and condition. We use diamond tip heads.
• Accutane use in the last six months
• Severe cystic acne
• Recent sunburn
• Very thin, crepey skin
• Retinoic Serums
HOW DOES MY SKIN LOOK AFTER TREATMENT?
• Can cause mild to moderate redness and sensitivity (similar to a sunburn) lasting 12 to 48 hours
• Skin can feel dry and tight
• Some darkened areas of skin may occur (this is skin preparing to shed)
• Varying amounts of flaking can occur approximately 1-3 days after your treatment
• After the skin has shed it has a healthy glow and feels softer and smoother
PATIENT AFTER-CARE FOR MICRODERMABRASION:
• Avoid the use of moisturizing or lotions containing active ingredients such as retinol, glycolic acids, perfumes and colors until your skin is no longer sensitive.
• Your skin will also be a little more sensitive to the sun so keep sun exposure to a minimum. Wear a hat and sunscreen daily; this should be a regular routine for you anyway.
• Apply foundation as you wish